February 10, 2023

 






A busy week of learning in our class. 

We started research on a space technology and are in the process of making an infographic including our research and images to enhance it. Ask your child which technology they chose.

Students have been presenting their current events article to the class. We have had some great presentations and have learned about topics that students are interested. Some of the topics have been Tom Brady's trainer, comets, the earthquake in Turkey, and Elon Musk. Students have signed up for a day in the following weeks, the sign up is in Google Classroom if they have forgotten their date.

In math we have been learning about transformations (rotations, reflections and translations) the past 3 weeks. Students wrote a quiz on Thursday, they will be bringing this home for a signature to return on Monday (some did not since they have been absent or have been working with another teacher). Multiplication for our grade 5's is still an area that they can be practicing at home especially their 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12's.

You will be receiving an email from your child this week as well. 

Bubba B MC, was a special guest Wednesday afternoon. We collaborated together on writing a rap based on things that are important to us. These were their ideas:

Family, my dog (pets), friends, siblings, house, me, us, we, ourselves, nature/environment, food/water, memories, life, ancestors (heritage), Bubba B, ride (car/bicycle), decisions, money


And here is their rap:


First off my family’s the group that made me

Decision that I chose turned me into Bubba B


My friends and me make good memories

Food and water gives me amazing energy


My siblings & I sometimes fight and fuss

But at the end of the day, there is no better team then just us


My pets and my home  create the life I live

Ancestors and heritage give me the love I give


My money buys me vehicles and they buy me time

And all these special things give me this special rhyme


the environment and nature are so important 

The health and wealth of our world is always current


Its great to spend time together and love ourselves

We stack bad feelings like books on shelves


No negativity could turn us down

And we’re all royalty, an we wear the crowns

Peace


Upcoming Dates:
Ms. Brown our student teacher returns - February 14
Teacher's Convention no school - February 16 & 17
Family Day no school - Monday February 20th
Pink Shirt Day - Wednesday February 22nd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 9, 2023

June 2, 2023

Friday September 9, 2022